Request a Free Quote
Request a Free Quote
Magic of Peru tour
The very best tourist sites in Peru
Our popular Magic of Peru tour takes you on a diverse & action-packed tour of Peru’s spectacular southern coast and Andean highlands. Prepare for two unforgettable weeks, leaving the best for last at Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world.
- Enjoy informative sight-seeing tours of Lima, Arequipa & Cusco.
- Explore the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas, including local markets & inca ruins.
- Ride the famous train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes through the mountains.
- Discover Machu Picchu, lost citadel of the Incas.
- Visit the floating Uros Islands, and Taquile at Lake Titicaca
- Spot condors drifting on the thermals at spectacular Colca Canyon, and diverse marine life at Ballestas Islands
- Experience desert life at the Nazca Lines, and Huacachina oasis
Magic of Peru Photos
Magic of Peru tour
Itineraries and pricing (per person) 2019
- 2 passengers
- $2475 Regular
- $3015 Comfort
- 3 passengers
- $2295 Regular
- $2835 Comfort
- 4 passengers
- $2195 Regular
- $2750 Comfort
- DAY 1Welcome to Lima – transfer to your hotel.
- DAY 2Lima – morning (or afternoon) sightseeing tour exploring Miraflores and San Isidro. Bus transfer to Paracas & transfer to hotel.
- DAY 3Paracas / Ica / Nazca – Morning boat tour to Ballestas Islands. Journey onto Nazca via Huacachina Oasis + Maria Reiche Nazca lines Museum.
- DAY 4Nasca to Arequipa- Morning at leisure or optional flight over the Nazca Lines (at extra cost). Afternoon tourist bus to Arequipa.
- DAY 5Arequipa – walking city tour of the city, including the extraordinary Santa Catalina Convent.
- DAY 6Arequipa to Colca – Bus to Colca Canyon passing Pampa de Arrieros, Pampa Cañahuas, Vizcachani and Tojra with spectacular views. Visit to Chivay local market.
- DAY 7Colca to Puno – Early morning tour to view condors and the canyon. Journey onwards across the Andean Altiplano landscapes to Puno.
- DAY 8Lake Titicaca: Uros & Taquile Islands – Day tour by speed boat to the floating reed islands of the Uros + Taquile.
- DAY 9Puno to Cusco – A ten-hour bus trip (OR optional train ride at extra cost) to Puno, stopping at Andahuaylillas, La Raya Pass, & Raqchi Viracocha Temple along the way.
- DAY 10Cusco – Morning at leisure. City tour including: Koricancha or Sun Temple, Cathedral, Sacsayhuaman rions, Amphitheatre of Kenko, Puca & Tambomachay.
- DAY 11Sacred Valley day tour including: Awana Kancha, Pisaq Market & ruins, Ollantaytambo ruins, Temple of the Sun, Terrace of the Ten Niches.
- DAY 12Train ride to Aguas Calientes. Guided tour of Machu Picchu & free time at the site.
- DAY 13Morning at leisure or optional second visit to Machu Picchu citadel (extra cost). Return journey to Cusco.
- DAY 14Transfer to Cusco airport. Tour end.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.
About Peru tour itineraries
This Peru tour can be customized to your personal needs – just let our sales team know which changes you would like to make, and they will be happy to help!
- Transfers from/to hotel
- Accommodation based on SINGLE, DOUBLE or TRIPLE in the selected hotel category
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as noted (B: breakfast, L: lunch, D: dinner)
- Private guided tours of Machu Picchu, sacred valley, Lima
- Shared tour services for all other tours
- Train ticket Ollanta – Machu Picchu – Ollanta (or Poroy) (Regular: Expedition class, Comfort: Vistadome class).
- Tourist bus Lima-Paracas & Nazca-Arequipa (unescorted)
- Tourist bus Colca-Puno (unescorted)
- Tourist bus Puno-Cusco with English speaking guide
- International flights
- Domestic flights (Cusco-Lima approx. $190)
- Optional second visit to Machu Picchu (approx. $120)
- Beverages during meals
- Early check-in or late check-out
- Single Supplement ($495 Regular, $965 Comfort)
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
Perurail baggage allowance restrictions
- PeruRail only allows 1-piece of hand baggage per person, up to a maximum of 5 kg (11 pounds) and a total linear dimension of 157 cm (62 inches). No larger bags will be accepted.
Train & entrance fees for machu picchu
- The restriction of daily visitor numbers to Machu Picchu makes it important to purchase tickets well in advance. We recommend that bookings are made at least 40 days prior to arrival to Peru.
- Train tickets and Machu Picchu entrance fees are non-refundable in event of tour cancellation.
- Daily visitor numbers to Machu Picchu are restricted to max. 2,500 people.
- Machu Picchu opening hours: O6:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- There are 9 hourly slots (between 6:00 and 14:00 hrs) for entrance to Machu Picchu. For each slot, a limited amount of entrance tickets will be sold. Visitors can enter during or after their assigned slot, but not BEFORE the indicated time.
- The entrance fee entitles travelers a visit of max. 4 hours in Machu Picchu, or 7 hours if combining the visit to Machu Picchu with Wayna Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu leave from 05:30 am, and at 10 minute intervals throughout the day.
- Large bags and food are not allowed into the citadel. Luggage storage is available near the entrance (at additional cost).
- Walking poles are only allowed for handicapped or elderly people.
- To enter Machu Picchu all visitors must show their printed e-ticket and passport. You may get a special Machu Picchu stamp in your passport if you wish.
- Our tips for an optional second visit to Machu Picchu: Hike to the sun gate ‘Inti Punku’ on your own (included in the entrance fee to Machu Picchu, duration approx. 2-hour roundtrip) or trek to Wayna Picchu peak (see below).
- Daily visitor numbers to Wayna Picchu are restricted to max. 400 people.
- The entrance ticket must be bought in advance(recommended at least 60 days), together with your Machu Picchu ticket. The fee is S/150 Peruvian Soles (subject to change).
- Two entrance times are available: 07:00 am, 10:00 am.
- Be prepared for a steep hike, of aprox 3 hours (round-trip). Those with a fear of heights should NOT take this excursion.
- The narrow trail can be quite dangerous at times, especially after wet weather.