Request a Free Quote
Request a Free Quote
Lakes, indians and ruins tour
Cusco, Machu Picchu & lake Titicaca
Our Lakes, Indians & Ruins Peru tour covers Cusco, Machu Picchu & the Lake Titicaca region; that’s a lot of things to tick off your bucket list in one go!
- Enjoy a sight-seeing tour of Peru´s capital city, Lima.
- Learn the incredible past history of Cusco city, and the nearby Inca ruins.
- Explore the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas, including local markets & inca ruins.
- Ride the famous train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, with great mountain views along the way.
- Discover Machu Picchu, lost citadel of the Incas, with a private guided tour and free time to explore by yourselves.
- Float on the incredible man-made Uros Islands
- Experience a unique family homestay on Amantani Island
- Take in breathtaking views of Lake Titicaca from Taquile Island
Lakes, indians and ruins Photos
Lakes, indians and ruins tour
Itineraries and pricing (per person) 2019
- 2 passengers (double or twin)
- $1765 Regular
- $2200 Comfort
- 3 passengers (triple)
- $1610 Regular
- $2045 Comfort
- 4 passengers (doubles or twins)
- $1535 Regular
- $1970 Comfort
- DAY 1Welcome to Lima – transfer to your hotel.
- DAY 2Lima – morning (or afternoon) sightseeing tour exploring Miraflores and San Isidro.
- DAY 3Early flight from Lima to Cusco. Transfer to your hotel. Cusco city tour including: Koricancha or Sun Temple, Cathedral, Sacsayhuaman rions, Amphitheatre of Kenko, Puca & Tambomachay.
- DAY 4Sacred Valley day tour including: Awana Kancha, Pisaq Market & ruins, Ollantaytambo ruins, Temple of the Sun, Terrace of the Ten Niches.
- DAY 5Train ride to Aguas Calientes. Guided tour of Machu Picchu & free time at the site.
- DAY 6Morning at leisure or optional second visit to Machu Picchu citadel (extra cost). Return journey to Cusco.
- DAY 7Cusco – Day at leisure.
- DAY 8Cusco to Puno – A ten-hour bus trip (OR optional train ride at extra cost) to Puno, stopping at Andahuaylillas, La Raya Pass, & Raqchi Viracocha Temple along the way.
- DAY 9Lake Titicaca – floating Uros islands + Amantani Island family homestay.
- DAY 10Puno – Cruise on Lake Titicaca back to Puno, including visit to Taquile Island.
- DAY 11Puno – transfer to Juliaca airport for your international flight out.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.
about Peru tour itineraries
This Peru tour can be customized to your personal needs – just let our sales team know which changes you would like to make, and they will be happy to help!
- Transfers from/to hotel
- Accommodation based on SINGLE, DOUBLE or TRIPLE in the selected hotel category
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as noted (B: breakfast, L: lunch, D: dinner)
- Private services with local English/Spanish speaking guide with the exception of Cusco city tour & 2d/1n Titicaca tour (shared services)
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu with private local guide of Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket Ollanta – Machu Picchu – Ollanta (or Poroy) (Regular: Expedition class, Comfort: Vistadome class).
- Tourist bus Cusco – Puno with visits and lunch on route.
- International flights
- Domestic flights (Lima-Cusco-Lima approx. $370)
- Optional second visit to Machu Picchu (approx. $120)
- Beverages during meals
- Early check-in or late check-out
- Single Supplement ($350 Regular / $725 Comfortable)
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
Perurail baggage allowance restrictions
- PeruRail only allows 1-piece of hand baggage per person, up to a maximum of 5 kg (11 pounds) and a total linear dimension of 157 cm (62 inches). No larger bags will be accepted.
Train & entrance fees for machu picchu
- The restriction of daily visitor numbers to Machu Picchu makes it important to purchase tickets well in advance. We recommend that bookings are made at least 40 days prior to arrival to Peru.
- Train tickets and Machu Picchu entrance fees are non-refundable in event of tour cancellation.
- Daily visitor numbers to Machu Picchu are restricted to max. 2,500 people.
- Machu Picchu opening hours: O6:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- There are 9 hourly slots (between 6:00 and 14:00 hrs) for entrance to Machu Picchu. For each slot, a limited amount of entrance tickets will be sold. Visitors can enter during or after their assigned slot, but not BEFORE the indicated time.
- The entrance fee entitles travelers a visit of max. 4 hours in Machu Picchu, or 7 hours if combining the visit to Machu Picchu with Wayna Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu leave from 05:30 am, and at 10 minute intervals throughout the day.
- Large bags and food are not allowed into the citadel. Luggage storage is available near the entrance (at additional cost).
- Walking poles are only allowed for handicapped or elderly people.
- To enter Machu Picchu all visitors must show their printed e-ticket and passport. You may get a special Machu Picchu stamp in your passport if you wish.
- Our tips for an optional second visit to Machu Picchu: Hike to the sun gate ‘Inti Punku’ on your own (included in the entrance fee to Machu Picchu, duration approx. 2-hour roundtrip) or trek to Wayna Picchu peak (see below).
- Daily visitor numbers to Wayna Picchu are restricted to max. 400 people.
- The entrance ticket must be bought in advance (recommended at least 60 days), together with your Machu Picchu ticket. The fee is S/150 Peruvian Soles (subject to change).
- Two entrance times are available: 07:00 am, 10:00 am.
- Be prepared for a steep hike, of aprox 3 hours (round-trip). Those with a fear of heights should NOT take this excursion.
- The narrow trail can be quite dangerous at times, especially after wet weather.