Request a Free Quote
Request a Free Quote
Peru & Bolivia tour
The dream combo!
For travelers with more time on their hands, our Peru & Bolivia tour explores the Andean highlands of both countries. Prepare for three unforgettable weeks, leaving the best for last at Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world.
- Enjoy informative sight-seeing tours of Lima, Arequipa, Cusco & La Paz.
- Explore the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas, including local markets & inca ruins.
- Ride the famous train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes through the mountains.
- Discover Machu Picchu, lost citadel of the Incas.
- Visit the floating Uros Islands, and Taquile at Lake Titicaca, as well as Copacabana & Sun Island on the Bolivian side
- Spot condors drifting on the thermals at spectacular Colca Canyon, and diverse marine life at Ballestas Islands
- Experience desert life at the Nazca Lines, and Huacachina oasis
- A 3 day breathtaking adventure in the Bolivian desert, including Uyuni salt flats & flamingo lakes
Peru & Bolivia tour Photos
Peru & Bolivia tour
Itineraries and pricing (per person) 2019
- 2 passengers
- $4445 Regular
- $5030 Comfort
- 3 passengers
- $3960 Regular
- $4530 Comfort
- 4 passengers
- $3815 Regular
- $4385 Comfort
- DAY 1Welcome to Lima – transfer to your hotel.
- DAY 2Lima – morning (or afternoon) sightseeing tour exploring Miraflores and San Isidro.
- DAY 3Lima – Paracas – Tourist bus transfer to Paracas & transfer to hotel. Afternoon at leisure.
- DAY 4Paracas / Ica / Nazca – Morning boat tour to Ballestas Islands. Journey onto Nazca via Huacachina Oasis + Maria Reiche Nazca lines Museum.
- DAY 5Nasca to Arequipa- Morning at leisure or optional flight over the Nazca Lines (at extra cost). Afternoon tourist bus to Arequipa.
- DAY 6Arequipa – morning walking city tour of the city (comfort tour also includes pm visit to Santa Catalina Convent).
- DAY 7Arequipa to Colca – Bus to Colca Canyon passing Pampa de Arrieros, Pampa Cañahuas, Vizcachani and Tojra with spectacular views. Visit to Chivay local market.
- DAY 8Colca to Puno – Early morning tour to view condors and the canyon. Journey onwards across the Andean Altiplano landscapes to Puno.
- DAY 9Lake Titicaca: Uros & Taquile Islands – Day tour by speed boat to the floating reed islands of the Uros + Taquile.
- DAY 10Puno – La Paz – private vehicle transfer across the border to Copacabana on the Bolivian shores of Lake Titicaca + boat tour to the mythic Sun Island. Transfer to La Paz.
- DAY 11La Paz – Tahua – Early flight down to Uyuni to join your 3d/2n Bolivia desert tour. Visits today include: train graveyard, Salar of Uyuni (salt flats), Coquesa cave containing ancient mummies.
- DAY 12Tahua – Siloli – Visits to Eduardo Avaroa National Reserve & Siloli desert to see wind-sculpted rocks such as the famous Stone Tree.
- DAY 13Siloli – Uyuni – A very early start to see the Red flamingo Lagoon & Sol de Mañana geothermal field. Further visits to hot springs, Green Lagoon & Rocks Valley, before returning to Uyuni.
- DAY 14Uyuni – La Paz – Flight back to La Paz. Transfer in and city tour including Plaza Murillo + Jaen Street + Obrajes + Calacoto +La Florida +Moon Valley.
- DAY 15La Paz – Cusco- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Cusco. Transfer in and leisure time to enjoy Cusco.
- DAY 16Cusco – Morning at leisure. City tour including: Koricancha or Sun Temple, Cathedral, Sacsayhuaman rions, Amphitheatre of Kenko, Puca & Tambomachay.
- DAY 17Sacred Valley day tour including: Awana Kancha, Pisaq Market & ruins, Ollantaytambo ruins, Temple of the Sun, Terrace of the Ten Niches.
- DAY 18Train ride to Aguas Calientes. Guided tour of Machu Picchu & free time at the site.
- DAY 19Morning at leisure or optional second visit to Machu Picchu citadel (extra cost). Return journey to Cusco.
- DAY 20Transfer to Cusco airport. Tour end.
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.
about Peru tour itineraries
This Peru tour can be customized to your personal needs – just let our sales team know which changes you would like to make, and they will be happy to help!
- Transfers from/to hotel
- Accommodation based on SINGLE, DOUBLE or TRIPLE in the selected hotel category
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as noted (B: breakfast, L: lunch, D: dinner)
- Private guided tours of Machu Picchu, sacred valley, Lima
- Shared tour services for all other tours
- Private transportation Puno / La Paz via Copacabana & Sun Island
- Train ticket Ollanta – Machu Picchu – Ollanta (or Poroy) (Regular: Expedition class, Comfort: Vistadome class).
- Tourist bus Lima-Paracas & Nazca-Arequipa (unescorted)
- Tourist bus Colca-Puno (unescorted)
- Tourist bus Puno-Cusco with English speaking guide
- International flights
- Domestic flights La Paz-Uyuni-La Paz (approx. $395), La Paz-Cusco (approx. $215) & Cusco-Lima (approx. $185)
- Optional second visit to Machu Picchu (approx. $120)
- Optional Nazca flight (approx. $115)
- Beverages during meals
- Early check-in or late check-out
- Single Supplement ($985 Regular, $1695 Comfort)
- This tour is available to start on any day throughout the year.
Perurail baggage allowance restrictions
- PeruRail only allows 1-piece of hand baggage per person, up to a maximum of 5 kg (11 pounds) and a total linear dimension of 157 cm (62 inches). No larger bags will be accepted.
Train & entrance fees for machu picchu
- The restriction of daily visitor numbers to Machu Picchu makes it important to purchase tickets well in advance. We recommend that bookings are made at least 40 days prior to arrival to Peru.
- Train tickets and Machu Picchu entrance fees are non-refundable in event of tour cancellation.
- Daily visitor numbers to Machu Picchu are restricted to max. 2,500 people.
- Machu Picchu opening hours: O6:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- There are 9 hourly slots (between 6:00 and 14:00 hrs) for entrance to Machu Picchu. For each slot, a limited amount of entrance tickets will be sold. Visitors can enter during or after their assigned slot, but not BEFORE the indicated time.
- The entrance fee entitles travelers a visit of max. 4 hours in Machu Picchu, or 7 hours if combining the visit to Machu Picchu with Wayna Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu leave from 05:30 am, and at 10 minute intervals throughout the day.
- Large bags and food are not allowed into the citadel. Luggage storage is available near the entrance (at additional cost).
- Walking poles are only allowed for handicapped or elderly people.
- To enter Machu Picchu all visitors must show their printed e-ticket and passport. You may get a special Machu Picchu stamp in your passport if you wish.
- Our tips for an optional second visit to Machu Picchu: Hike to the sun gate ‘Inti Punku’ on your own (included in the entrance fee to Machu Picchu, duration approx. 2-hour roundtrip) or trek to Wayna Picchu peak (see below).
- Daily visitor numbers to Wayna Picchu are restricted to max. 400 people.
- The entrance ticket must be bought in advance(recommended at least 60 days , together with your Machu Picchu ticket. The fee is S/150 Peruvian Soles (subject to change).
- Two entrance times are available: 07:00 am, 10:00 am.
- Be prepared for a steep hike, of aprox 3 hours (round-trip). Those with a fear of heights should NOT take this excursion.
- The narrow trail can be quite dangerous at times, especially after wet weather.