Galapagos Island Hopping
Galapagos Photography Tour
With National Geographic photographers Ivan Kashinsky and Karla Gachet leading the way you’ll have a rare opportunity to hone and improve your photography skills in a hands-on environment with industry professionals.
Ivan and Karla are both award-winning, established photographers currently based in Quito, Ecuador. Ivan has been on assignment for numerous publications including National Geographic and the New York Times. Their passion for South America can be seen in their book “HistoriasMinimas, De Ecuador a la Tierra del Fuego” (Short stories: From Ecuador to the Land of Fire), which was produced after an epic photo journey across the southern half of South America in 2009.
Both Ivan and Karla share a passion for photojournalism, believing that the ability to tell the story behind a photo is just as important as the photography itself. This passion and the lessons they've learned will be shared with you, throughout the course of the Galapagos Photography Workshop. They'll help you think outside the box and learn the intricacies of the art of photography through group critiquing and one on one sessions.
(Samples of the instructors work can be found here: www.runaphotos.com).
for a free quote
Call us on these toll-free numbers:USA & Canada: 1-8 00-269-0216 • UK: 0-800-051-7125
Standard hotels on San Cristobal, Isabela and Santa Cruz Islands in double, triple or cuadruple rooms.
ISLAND HOPPING SPECIFICATIONS
- Boat: 11 by 3.2 metres, 30 knots speedboat with toilet
- Level of guide: II or III + 1 tour leader+ 2 specialist photography guides
- Capacity: 15
Snorkelling / Diving
- Snorkelling: Equipment included, wetsuit rental $10 per day.
- Diving possible: Yes – 2 possible dives at Kicker Rock (photography classes and activities will be missed while on the diving day tour)
- Price / immersion: $195
NEXT UPCOMING DEPARTURE : no dates currently set for 2017
|GALAPAGOS PHOTOGRAPY TOUR ITINERARY|
|1||Arrive in Quito, welcome briefing and dinner - D|
|2||Fly from Quito to San Cristobal, visit a highlands farm, sunset at Loberia - BLD|
|3||Kicker Rock and Isla Lobos snorkel, visit Interpretation Center, Tijeretas hike, Carola Beach - BL|
|4||Boat ride to Floreana, morning snorkel, highlands visit to pirate caves, Giant Tortoises - BLD|
|5||Sunrise photography, boat ride to Isabela, Wall of Tears, Giant Tortoise breeding center - BLD|
|6||Sierra Negra volano hike, Volcan Chico, lava fields, free time - BL|
|7||Lava Tunnels, snorkel - BLD|
|8||Sunrise kayak, boat ride to Santa Cruz, free time in Puerto Ayora - BLD|
|9||Tortuga Bay, Giant Tortoises in the highlands - BL|
|10||Seymour Island, snorkeling, birding - BLD|
|11||Transfer to Baltra, flight to Quito - BLD|
|12||Final day, depart for home or arrange a day tour of Quito- B|
|2017 PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR PRICES PER PERSON|
|12 days||please request rate from our sales team||Request this Tour|
(includes return flights to Galapagos)
All prices are subject to change without prior notice.Cruise departure dates are available throughout the year; contact us for up to date availabilities and a price quote - discounts are often available!
- Daily photography workshops
- Twin-room accommodation
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Transfers in Quito and Galapagos
- Airfare to/from mainland Ecuador and Galapagos
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- Drinking water
- Galapagos National Park entry
- Meals not listed + alcoholic / soft drinks
- Transit control card / Isabela tourist departure tax
- Optional activities including diving and horse-trek
- Other personal expenses
PAST CLIENTS FEEDBACK
None yet - this is a new tour.
or other Galapagos agencies sell their charter spaces to us at higher prices.
* All boat information is correct at time of publishing but subject to change by the yacht owner or Galapagos National Park authority.
Find your dream Galapagos tour: