Request a Free Quote
Request a Free Quote
Ecuador tren crucero tour
Ride from pacific ocean to andes
Ecuador’s famous Tren Crucero (Train Cruise) is Latin America’s #1 luxury train journey!
The renovated historic Ecuadorian rail-line takes you all the way from Quito at 2800m, down to Duran (close to Guayaquil) at sea-level, traversing dramatic mountain scenery along the route.
The Tren Crucero has won many prestigious international awards, including:
- 4 full days riding the luxury, award winning Ecuador train.
- Experiencing the culture and traditions of indigenous communities along the way.
- The glare of the equatorial sun and the warmth of the people.
- Astonishing views of active volcanoes and snow-capped peaks.
Ecuador tren crucero Photos
Ecuador tren crucero tour
Prices per person 2020
- Double Accomodation
- $1735 Luxury Experience
- $2322 Gold Class
- Single Accomodation
- $2082 Luxury Experience
- $2722 Gold Class
- TUEAvenue of the Volcanoes-First meeting will be at Chimbacalle Station to get onboard the train through the Avenue of Volcanoes. Arrival and visit to a farm of roses. Lunch. Visit to Cotopaxi National Park and Limpiopungo Lagoon. Accommodation at a historical hacienda
- WEDAvenue of the Volcanoes – Get onboard the train from Latacunga Station to Yambo Lagoon. Arrival to Urbina Station at Chimborazo. Meeting with the last ice merchant of Chimborazo. Then, arrival to Jatari and the community of La Moya to learn about the Quichua-Puruha culture. Arrival to Riobamba and accommodation
- THUDevil’s nose train – Trip from Riobamba to Colta to visit the first church in Ecuador-La Balvanera. Visit to an Andean traditional market in Guamote. Bus trip to Alausi to get onboard Devil’s nose train to Sibambe Valley. Return to Alausi and accommodation.
- FRIThe Ecuadorian coast – Scenic bus trip descending from the Andes to the Pacific Coast. Arrival to a traditional hacienda to learn about Cacao Harvesting. Lunch. Trip to Naranjito. Get onboard a train to Yaguachi, and finally take a Baldwin steam locomotive to Duran.
NOTE: This same itinerary also runs in reverse from Duran to Quito (“TRAIN TO THE CLOUDS”).
Click below for a more detailed itinerary description, complete with meal and guide inclusions.
About this itinerary
- CLOTHING: Wear layers: a jacket for cold weather and a light coat for the rain (coast). Comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen with high SPF, repellant, sunglasses. Don’t forget your camera!
- ALTITUDE: Ranges from 80 to 3,610 meters above sea level. Temperatures range from 14 ° to 35 °Celsius.
- Duran station is 30 minutes away from Guayaquil. Take it into account to ensure you arrive on time for check-in.
- The itinerary may be subject to change due to weather conditions or other operational issues.
- Accommodation based on double occupancy.
- Transportation aboard the Tren Crucero
- All meals during the trip
- Snacks and soft drinks on board
- Guide in Spanish and English
- Excursions according to the itinerary
- Transportation by bus/van during the program for excursions
- In the Quito to Guayaquil route, once the train has arrived at Duran station, you will be transferred to your hotel. (For Gold Class travelers, all transfers to hotels are included).
- Alcoholic beverages
- Transfers to hotels other than ones Tren Crucero works with (ask your sales representative for details).
- Guide in languages other than Spanish and English (e.g. Italian, French, German, Portuguese and Japanese. This service can be provided on request, at extra cost).
- For Day 4: Dinner is not included. Breakfast included for the next day.
- Personal expenses
- TRAIN OF WONDERS (Quito – Guayaquil):
- JAN 8/22
- FEB 5/19
- MAR 5/19
- APR 16
- MAY 28
- JUN 11
- JUL 2
- AUG 20
- SEP 17
- OCT 1/29
- NOV 12
- DEC 10
- TRAIN TO THE CLOUDS (Guayaquil – Quito):
- JAN 12/26
- FEB 9/23
- MAR 9/23
- APR 20
- JUN 6
- JUL 6
- SEP 7/21
- OCT 5
- NOV 2/16
- DEC 14
- Swissotel - Business Advantage
- Hacienda La Andaluza - Superior
- Hosteria D' Franco - Standard
- Hacienda Abraspungo - Standard
- Plaza Grande/ Casa Gangotena - Royal Suite/Deluxe
- Hotel del Parque
- Hacienda La Andaluza - Suite
- Hacienda La Danesa - Cottage
International awardsThe Tren Crucero has won many prestigious international awards, including:
- The Leading Luxury Train in South America in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- The "Wider World Project" for the Best Tourism Project outside Europe by the British Guild of Travel Writers in 2013.
- “Top 5 unmissable journeys by rail" conferred by the world renowned Lonely Planet Travel Guide.
- Certificate of excellence by Trip Advisor.
- 2016 World Responsible Tourism Award at World Travel Mart fayre.