Request a Free Quote
Highlights of the Tandayapa Bird Lodge
- Tandayapa Bird Lodge is a Cloud Forest lodge specifically designed for bird lovers.
- The lodge is located amidst the rich Chocó cloud forest bioregion, making it the perfect area to spot a great number of bird species, in a very short time.
- Tandayapa Bird Lodge is considered as one of the best hummingbird lodges in the world, with over 30 species recorded on the property. Over 500 bird species are within reach of the various day trips from the lodge.
- The big advantage for bird-watchers here is that naturalist guides take you to various different reserves in the area, so you get to experience a great diversity of unique habitats.
- The Tandayapa lodge area includes an outdoor Jacuzzi, a deck with hummer and fruit feeders, and a network of birding trails.
- Tandayapa Bird Lodge is located just 2 hours drive from Quito, making it the perfect short break for days of peace, tranquility & immersion in nature.
Tandayapa Bird Lodge Photos
Tandayapa Bird Lodge
Itineraries and pricing 2019
- 1 passenger
- $1300 2 days
- $1920 3 days
- 2 passengers
- $800 2 days
- $1210 3 days
- 3 passengers
- $700 2 days
- $1100 3 days
- 4 passengers
- $640 2 days
- $1000 3 days
- 5 + passengers
- $605 2 days
- $1030 3 days
Prices per person
- DAY 1Pickup from your hotel in Quito. Birding at Yanacocha and the Nono-Mindo eco route. Night in Tandayapa Bird Lodge. (Meals BL)
- DAY 2Full day birding in the Tandayapa Valley. Night in Tandayapa Bird Lodge. (Meals B,L,D)
- DAY 3Most of the day birding in the Milpe Bird Sanctuary. Optional visit to the Mirador Rio Blanco tanager feeders ($3 extra per person). Afternoon return to Quito, arriving around 6pm at your hotel. (Meals B,BL)
About itineraries & Prices
Longer packages are also available – please ask our staff for details.
Room only rates are also available: $148 single / $248 double per night with taxes and 3 meals included.
Transport to and from the lodge is also available – please ask our sales staff for rates.
- Lodge accommodation on double / twin basis
- 3 meals per day (from lunch on day1 to lunch on final day)
- Professional bilingual birding guide with scope and audio gear.
- Transfers in and out (shared basis from Quito)
- Day trips to specified reserves, including entry fees.
- Safe drinking water.
- Extras in the lodge like drinks, laundry, phone calls, and snacks.
- Activities not included in the itinerary.
- Single supplement for odd numbered groups $30 for 2-day tour, $50 for 3-day tour
This tour is available throughout the year. Flexible to start on any day of the week that you prefer to travel.