Request a Free Quote
Request a Free Quote
- Adventure levelMedium/high
- Deep AmazonYes
- Access fromLago Agrio
- Native CommunitySiona
Highlights of Piranha Ecolodge
- Piranha Ecolodge is located in the heart of the protected Cuyabeno Reserve, in the Ecuadorian Amazon basin.
- Piranha is a popular choice for backpackers representing excellent value for money.
- The lodge offers rustic, private cabins with mosquito nets, and private bathrooms/shower. A cosy place to feel close to the forest.
- The Piranha tour offers diverse wildlife spotting, with freuent sightings of pink fresh water dolphins, ananconda snakes, caiman alligators, many species of monkey, and much more besides.
- You can also visit the local Tarapuy Siona community for a view of typical life in the rainforest, and learn about their unique way of life.
Piranha Ecolodge Photos
Itineraries and pricing 2019
Browse through the different lodge itineraries below by clicking on each one.
- $290Per person
- Suite in the Tower$400Per person
Itinerary for 4 days - Standard Cabin
- DAY 1- Journey to Piranha Lodge by bus & motorized canoe from Lago Agrio. Lunch, relaxation, and visit to Laguna Grande for swimming, sunset, and search for pink dolphins.
- DAY 2Canoe paddling on Laguna Caimancocha. Afternoon forest hike, and swim in Laguna Grande to enjoy the spectacular sunset
- DAY 3Visit the Siona indigenous community, learn about their culture & traditions, meet the shaman healer. Nocturnal search for caiman alligators.
- DAY 4Optional early morning bird-watching, breakfast, check-out and return to Lago Agrio town.
- $340Per person
- Suite in the Tower$440Per person
Itinerary for 5 days - Standard Cabin
- DAY 1Journey to Piranha Lodge by bus & motorized canoe from Lago Agrio. Lunch, relaxation, and visit to Laguna Grande for swimming, sunset, and search for pink dolphins
- DAY 2Forest trek to learn about medicinal plants and spot wildlife. Canoe navigation looking for pink dolphins. Nocturnal search for caiman alligators.
- DAY 3Canoe paddling on Laguna Caimancocha. Afternoon forest hike, and swim in Laguna Grande to enjoy the spectacular sunset.
- DAY 4Visit the Siona indigenous community, learn about their culture & traditions, meet the shaman healer. Nocturnal search for caiman alligators.
- DAY 5Optional early morning bird-watching, breakfast, check-out and return to Lago Agrio town.
Standard departure days are Friday-Monday (4 days) and Monday-Friday (5 days), but often other starting days will also be available.
Please contact our sale staff to check availability for your dates of travel.
Accommodation and facilities
- Cabins: double, triple.
- Private bathroom: cold water in regular cabins.
- Showers: Yes – hot water.
- Mosquito nets: Yes.
- Electricity: Generator in communal area only.
- Boots / Rain ponchos: Provided by lodge staff.
- Lodge accommodation in double or triple cabins.
- 3 meals per day (from lunch on day1 to breakfast on final day).
- All excursions as listed in itinerary.
- English speaking guide.
- Transport to/from Lago Agrio and the lodge.
- Transport between Quito and Lago Agrio.
- Single supplement (50%).
- Local village fee to visit the Tarapuy Siona community ($5 subject to change).
- Fee to visit the shaman ($5 subject to change).
- Tips / drinks from bar / other personal expenses.
Access - transportation
- The Samona tour starts and finishes at the town of Lago Agrio.
- Public bus from Quito typically takes between 8 to 9 hours. Most clients take the night-bus at 11:30pm the day before their trip, and return on the final day of their trip arriving back to Quito by 3 or 4am. The fare each way is approximately $8.
- There is a safer private bus service operating from the Mariscal area of Quito for $22 each way.
- There is a direct flight from Quito to Lago Agrio for approx. $200 return fare (subject to change).