Request a Free Quote
Ecuador amazon rainforest tours
How do you love to travel?
Select your perfect amazon experience below
About the amazon
A trip to the Amazon rainforest is about your IMAGINATION…
For intrepid travelers, the Amazon Rainforest represents escape into a mysterious world of hidden secrets and unexpected adventures. Your very own Indiana Jones experience.
Passionate nature lovers, picture yourself as David Attenborough, exploring the kingdom of weird and wonderful creatures, hidden to the rest of the world.
Or put your Percy Fawcett explorer shoes on, to discover fascinating indian tribes, willing to share a brief glimpse into their lives.
Wherever your imagination takes you, you will not be disappointed. The rainforest is one of the most bio-diverse areas on the planet, a true explosion for the senses, nature in its purest form.
The adventure of a lifetime awaits you!
Why visit the rainforest in Ecuador?
- Your Amazon adventure is actually closer than you think. Ecuador offers the easiest access into the Amazon basin of all countries of South America!
- Ecuador’s Amazon region also offers eco-system diversity. The Terra Firme forest at Yasuni is very different to the flooded Cuyabeno Reserve, and offer contrasting traveller experiences.
- Eco-tourism is very developed in Ecuador, so you can see first-hand how your trip respects & protects the environment, and supports local indigenous communities.
- Ecuador offers lodges for all budgets, from backpacker basics to unexpected luxuries in the forest.
Our Best Selling Amazon Tours
Looking for inspiration? Check out the tours we recommend!
Amazon travel tips
What should I pack for a rainforest trip?
We recommend the following Amazon packing list:
- Light long sleeve shirts and trousers
- Waterproof jacket
- Hat or Baseball cap
- Insect repellent
- Refillable water bottle
- A good book
Should I be worried about creepy crawlies?
A trip to the rainforest involves real contact with nature, so of course bugs and creepy-crawlies are an unavoidable element of your visit – this is true of both rustic and luxury lodges alike. If you treat insects as an integral part of your rainforest experience, then you can learn to appreciate rather than fear them. Most lodges even include a guided night-walk to look for insects and amphibians; so this is a great opportunity to take a closer look at some pretty amazing little critters!
Will I get bitten by mosquitos in the jungle?
Mosquitos are part of life in the rainforest, but that does not necessarily mean that you will get bitten. If you follow some basic rules of bite prevention then mosquitos should not spoil your rainforest trip. Happy Gringo recommends using a strong mosquito repellent (preferably with some DEET content), and staying well covered with long-sleeved clothing. Most rainforest lodges also have mosquito netting to cover windows or beds to help protect their guests.