Request a Free Quote
Meet the team
Our philosophy is simple: to provide the ultimate travel experience in Ecuador & Galapagos, and to bring fun and smiles to your trip here! No hassles, no worries!!!
A travel company run by passionate travelers for like-minded clients.
- John is the original founder of Happy Gringo
- He is from London UK and has over 13 years of travel and work experience within Latin America
- He Holds both BA (hons) and M.Sc. degrees in business and management from UK universities.
- John is a seasoned traveler having visited more than 65 different countries worldwide
- His big passions are football, rugby and nature.
- Eva is from Holland and is joint owner of Happy Gringo
- She speaks fluent Dutch, English & Spanish as well as a good working level of German.
- She holds a degree in Anthropology with a specialization in Ecuadorian culture, and also an MBA.
- Eva is also responsible for maintaining the excellent sales service of Happy Gringo
- Eva has lived in Ecuador for the past 12 years, and has two mischievous young daughters.
Dream experts – travel gurus
- Josh moved to Quito from Seattle, Washington.
- He studied Business Management and Environmental Studies in the US and has years of experience ensuring client satisfaction in fast-paced, customer service oriented environments.
- Crazy about the mountains and nature, the move to Ecuador was an ideal choice.
- In his free time, Josh loves exploring the Andes by bike, reading, cooking his favorite dishes, and, of course, traveling.
- Priscila grew up in the United States and came back to her hometown, Quito, in hear early teens.
- She graduated from Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Ecuador in 2002 from Tourism and immediately started working in the tourism industry.
- In 2004 she traveled to the UK for a year where she accomplished the English for Hospitality Management and Tourism course and did a 9-month internship at Queen’s Hotel, Eastbourne.
- She continued with her career in tourism working in the sales force of very important tour operators and lodges in Ecuador.
- She is in love with Ecuador, the culture, the food, the landscapes and its uniqueness.
- Priscila is the mother of 2 rescued cats and 2 rescued dogs. She is also an animal rights activist and support some local animal shelters.
- Sebastian is the youngest member of the Happy Gringo team. He graduated in 2014 in Glion Institute of Higher Education in Switzerland as Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality with minor in Sales and Marketing.
- He enjoys laughing and you can usually find him making jokes to other members of the team.
- He previously worked as a VIP and Customer Service Executive at Quito International Airport, and has also done internships in JW Marriott as a sales agent and room service in Patio Andaluz Boutique Hotel.
- He loves to travel and is always planning his next trip.
- Among his other hobbies he is a maniac about playing soccer, reading (Harry Potter being his favorite book series), playing videogames and eating pizza.
- He is really motivated about helping our clients discover all the secrets and adventures Ecuador holds, and he will be completely at your service to plan the perfect trip!
- Paola is a Corporate Communications graduate and has over 4 years of experience working in sales and customer service.
- Her goal since joining the Happy Gringo sales team is to help customers find ‘the trip of their dreams’ in Ecuador
- She enjoys any artistic and cultural activity, also outdoor fun with friends, as well as taking pictures of amazing animals and extraordinary landscapes.
- Her family lives in different cities around the world so she loves to travel to visit them.
- Jonathan is a Tourism Management graduate and has over 3 years of experience working in sales and tourism marketing.
- His goal since joining the Happy Gringo sales team is to help customers find ‘the trip of their life’ in Ecuador.
- He enjoys spending time with his family, also discovering new places with friends, as well as trying new cultural experiences through traditional cuisine.
- He grew up in the United States of America so he loves to stay up to date with all the sports events in America.
- Marcia has been working in tourism since 1999 and she got a degree as a National Tourist Guide.
- Her goal since joining the Happy Gringo sales team is to help customers find ‘the trip of their life’ in Ecuador
- She enjoys cooking and reading, Marcia is also a pastry chef, and she loves combine her work some other gastronomy activities.
- She used to live in in the Galapagos Islands working and diving, this destination changed her life forever.
- Marjory studied Finance and Banking at the Cordillera Institute in Quito.
- She considers herself a very romantic and extroverted person.
- What Marjory enjoys most is watching movies and cooking with her three children.
- Her hobbies are dancing salsa music, listening to romantic music, traveling and Cooking
- David graduated in tourism at the Central University of Quito
- He has been working in Happy Gringo since 2008 and loves his job.
- His responsibilities are divided between operations tasks and invoicing.
- David is a huge fan of football and supports Barcelona from the coast of Ecuador; he also enjoys nature and music.
- Francine graduated from Hospitality and Marketing in the University of Glion in Switzerland
- She has experience working with SEO, copywriting and online advertisement.
- She loves to write about her traveling adventures and likes to stay current in all of the new Marketing techniques.
- She is extremely passionate about promoting Ecuador’s unique beauty and culture.
- She is a film buff; she goes to the cinema almost every Sunday.
- Francine also owns a lovely rescued cat, called Mister Kat.
- Pamela is a Student of Graphic Design.
- Her goal since joining Happy Gringo is to help in all the graphic and publicity area
- She enjoys spending time playing the piano, traveling and making music.
- One of her goals is to travel as many countries as she possibly can.
- Valeria has 15 years of experience working in tourism in Ecuador and is very proud of her roots from Puyo, deep in the Amazon area of Ecuador.
- Valeria is the person to thank for the smooth-running organization of our trips.
- She loves sharing time with her pets and her hobbies are traveling, reading and doing yoga.
- Karla has work in tourism for 7 years, as a travel agent and she loves her job.
- Tourism is one of her greatest passions and she wishes to help traveler’s dreams come true.
- Her hobbies are traveling, reading and listening to music. She especially likes to spend time with her little son.
- Nancy has worked in tourism for over 15 years and is motivated to work in this exciting sector because she is “helping create dreams and experiences that clients will remember for many years”.
- Her main hobby is running, recently she has competed in the following races: 15k Ultimas Noticias, Quito 1/2 marathon, Ruta de las Iglesias, Huarmi Run and more.
- Nancy loves to take on challenges that push her to achieve new goals.
- She enjoys reading and taking cooking classes.
- Maribel is an Ecotourism graduate from the Central University in Quito, with over 7 years of experience working in hospitality.
- She loves to meet people of different cultures and she also enjoys the peace of mind that only the nature offers.
- She likes planning trips for her and her family and her favorite hobby is listening to music.
- She is always open to learn new things, that help her grow both personally and professionally
- She is a very helpful, friendly and polite.
Friendly face department
- Stephanie studied hotel management and enjoys working in custom service.
- She enjoys being close to nature, and loves sports that connect the outdoors with relaxation, like yoga.
- On her spare time, she tries to learn new trends of the industry.
- Gina graduated from tourism management and work for a community center called “Pakariñan” for a year and a half, she really enjoyed being able to work while making a difference in responsible tourism.
- She enjoys experiencing new cultures and traditions.
- She loves the outdoors, taking nature photos and doing extreme sports are amongst her preferences.
- Jairo is responsible for ticketing and other odd-jobs in the agency.
- He is from Quito and in his spare time likes nothing more than riding his motorbike.
- He has a lot of respect for his parents who taught him the values of ethics and responsibility
- He likes to live life with a smile on his face.