Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question link below to find your answer.
- Which payment methods are available, and which handling costs apply in each case?
- I am booking a last minute tour - which payment options are available?
- When can I pay just a deposit in advance, and when do I have to pay in full?
- Why is prompt payment so important?
- Why can't I pay directly with credit card like I can in USA/Europe?
- Where can I find your bank details in order to make a transfer?
- How do I wire money by Moneygram / Western Union?
- Do you accept travellers checks?
- When will Happy Gringo send me a receipt for payments received?
If you have booked a tour at least 2 weeks in advance
then we accept the following payments:
* USA BANK - all of our tours are priced in US$ so this option is a convenient way of avoiding exchange rate charges (especially if you have a USA based account). This is usually the quickest and easiest payment method. We charge a $25 handling fee per transfer in order to cover our costs of transferring the money into Ecuador.
* CREDIT CARD - this is a quick and easy secure online payment method for visa and mastercard cardholders. Bank and local tax charges are 7.93% so the 6.5% fee that we charge to you is in fact partially subsided by us to help keep the cost down for you.
* ECUADOR BANK - we hold a domestic account in Ecuador which you can deposit cash into via any branch of Banco Internacional - this is the best option in order to avoid both banking charges and exchange rate costs if you are already in the country.
* CASH - of course we accept US$ cash in our Quito office, but check the rules that apply with last minute bookings first. BACK TO TOP
A last minute booking is classified as a booking made less
than 2 weeks before your trip departure date.
If you are in Quito then it is best to pay us in US$ cash in our office or via credit card online. If you are overseas then online payment with credit card is the only option open. BACK TO TOP
Generally speaking we require a 40% deposit
at time of booking in order to confirm your reservation. Full
payment is then due 3 months before your date
of travel. Of course should you prefer to pay in full at
time of booking then that is also no problem.
Only in the case of bookings made less than 3 months before date of travel do we immediately require full payment.
Consult our full terms and conditions for further information.BACK TO TOP
It is important because the terms and conditions of the operators that we have to pay on your behalf are often very strict, and late payment can mean that your reservation is cancelled by the operator. BACK TO TOP
Previously in Ecuador it was not possible to pay via credit card online, fortunately now it is possible! We do, however, as an anti-fraud measure always require a passport copy of the card holder before we process the transaction.
Note that it is still not possible for us to take your credit card details over the phone.
BACK TO TOP
Our bank details are available upon request - tell our salesperson
which bank you wish to pay into and he/she will provide
full details to you. BACK TO TOP
At this current time we are unfortunatly unable to offer this payment option!!!BACK TO TOP
Unfortunately not at this time as travellers cheques are not wildly received in Ecuador. BACK TO TOP
We send receipts out by email on the same day that we receive your transfer. BACK TO TOP