|What is this?|
|What is this?|
Visit two of the highlights of the Ecuadorian Andes: firstly the stunning Cotopaxi Volcano, highest active volcano in the world; second the sublime Quilotoa crater lake. The real reward of this tour though is that the trek is through a very rural part of the country so you pass through small communities and meet local indigenous people on route.
The focus of the trip is trekking which requires good physical condition - the treks are at altitudes up to approx 3800m and can be considered moderate to hard.
|Toll-free USA & Canada:||1-8-269-021600|
|1||Leaving early we head towards the Cotopaxi National Park . After entering the park we visit the Lagoon of Limpiopungo at 3.880m where we go for a hike. Later we go to the parking site of the refuge at 4.650m and from here we will walk to the refuge José Rivas at 4.800m, because of the altitude this will take about an hour. We ascend to the beginning of the glacier, enjoy the views and in the afternoon we will drive through the Andes to the village small village of Isinlivi where we will stay in our eco-friendly Hostal Llullu Llama. Approx trekking time 3 hours.||LD|
|2||After breakfast we start our hike into the Toachi Canyon. First we go down into the river and back up to reach the road to Chugchilan. The hike will take around 5 hours and we will pass the fields and houses of the local people. Tonight we will stay in the cosy Hostal Mama Hilda. Approx trekking time 5 hours.||BLD|
|3||On the last day of our trekking we hike up to the Quilotoa Crater Lake. First down into the canyon and back up for about 4 to 5 hours. On the top you will be rewarded with beautiful views of the Quilotoa Lake. After lunch our car will be waiting to take us back to Quito. Approx trekking time 6 hours (if you are too tired to trek up to the lake today then alternatively transport can be hired at $25 extra).||BL|
Past Clients Feedback“Just back off of the trip – tired but it was soooooo worth it!” (Lucy Warren, UK)
“A wonderful way to enjoy Ecuador’s countryside, and a very genuine experience too. Having been on the gringo-trail for the past 2 months it was a breath of fresh air to meet such warm and kind people in the small towns along the way.” (The Terry Family, UK)
AVAILABILITY: This tour is available throughout the year.
START DATES: flexible to start on any day of the week that you prefer to travel.
Prices (per person)
|# OF PASSENGERS||2016 PRICE|
|2||$600 per person||Request this Tour|
|3||$490 per person||Request this Tour|
|4||$430 per person||Request this Tour|
|5||$395 per person||Request this Tour|
|6 or more||$365 per person||Request this Tour|
- Private transportation to/from Quito
- Private English-speaking guide (with pickup / dropoff at hotel in Quito city)
- All meals and activities as listed above
- 2 nights of basic but cosy accommodation (twin share)
- Heavy luggage transport – usually this is not necessary as you trek with a small pack for the 3 days, but if you prefer to bring your big pack along then there is the option of paying extra to transport it so you do not need to carry it - please let us know in advance to organise this for you.
- Single supplement (applies for a single room for somebody travelling within a group). If you are travelling alone then please ask our staff for a solo traveller price quote.
- Dog repeller - there are stray dogs in the area so you might like to bring along this type of device to scare them off.
- Pickup / dropoff at airport or in Quito valley area (this service costs extra)
- Entry fees ($2 Cotopaxi)
- Personal Expenses