Cuenca, in the south of Ecuador, is generally considered to be the country’s most picturesque city and counts colonial charms, Inca ruins and beautiful National Parklands amongst its many tourist attractions.
This tour was designed as an easily-manageable side-trip from
Quito to sample a different pace of life and to see an alternative
and often-missed highlight. The trip includes a city tour
of the splendid colonial centre of Cuenca, a visit to Ingapirca
– the most fully-restored Inca ruins to be found in
the entire country, a full day of exploration in the pristine
El Cajas National Park, as well as lots of freetime for the
many popular local museums that are available.
||Cuenca arrival - make your own way to the hotel in Cuenca on arrival in the afternoon, free time to relax and acclimitise to the city.
||City tour and Ingapirca – an early start is necessary to visit the colonial highlights of the city – an English-speaking guide will be on-hand to explain the interesting history of the region and answer all of your questions. In the afternoon the guide will take you out of town to visit the impressive Inca ruin site of Ingapirca – the site was constructed in the 15th century on a strategic hilltop with excellent views over the surrounding countryside. A local guide will explain all about the origin and purpose of the ruins as well as a full lowdown on inca history in Ecuador. Overnight Cuenca.
||El Cajas National Park – a full day amidst the untouched
nature, tranquil lakes and stunning rugged landscapes
of El Cajas National Park. Your guide will take
you to several visitor sites and can help you
to choose the most suitable walking trails should
you wish to enjoy some gentle trekking. Overnight
||Tour end – your tour ends after breakfast at the hotel.
Past Clients Feedback
"We probably would not have ventured as far as Cuenca had we not discovered this little gem – it provides a very interesting contrast to Quito and has some really wonderful tourist sites to enjoy." (Monty Barnes, Canada)
“A very compact and well-organised tour. Thanks Happy Gringo for all of your hard work and help in planning such a memorable holiday.” (Jenny Warren, UK)
Prices (per person)
|# OF PASSENGERS
|| $415 Regular / $485 Comfort
||$395 Regular / $460 Comfort
||$375 Regular / $445 Comfort
||$365 Regular / $435 Comfort
|6 or more
||$360 Regular / $430 Comfort
- Accommodation in double rooms. Triple rooms are also available should a group of odd-numbered passengers wish to avoid paying a single supplement.
- Meals as listed in itinerary
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- English-speaking guide for all activities
- International flights
- Flights to Cuenca and transfers to arrive / depart; if you would like a quote for these services then please ask us.
- Personal expenses and entry fees
- Meals not listed as part of itinerary
- Local entry fees
- Single supplement (applies for a single room for somebody travelling within a group). If you are travelling alone then please ask our staff for a solo traveller price quote.