NATURE AT ITS BEST
Bellavista Cloudforest Tour
The Bellavista Nature Reserve is located just 2 hours from Quito making it the perfect short nature-escape break.
The area offers a high biodiversity of bird, plant and animal species and is recognised as a worldwide wildlife hotspot with very different flora and fauna to that of the rainforest. It is particularly famous for the hundreds of colourful hummingbirds that flit between the many feeders located around the lodge.
The excellent network of trails mean that you can explore different routes / areas each day either with a specialist guide by your side, or enjoy the freedom to trek by yourselves if you prefer. Above all the peace and tranquillity of the lodge make it an ever popular trip with our clients.
The idyllic cloudforest lodge itself is also one of the trip highlights - the impressive geodesic dome structure sits above the tree-line offering incredible forest views. The personalised accommodation options at the lodge include: the Trailhead House, the Bamboo House, the House in the woods, or the Honeymoon House. All rooms are cosy and comfortable.
Excellent food is served to guests in the terrace restaurant.
Each full day at the lodge includes a morning and an afternoon activity which may include:
- Guided hikes through primary & secondary cloudforest
- Wildlife spotting
- Excellent bird-watching opportunities (including many species of hummingbird and the endangered Tanager-Finch)
- Horse-back riding (extra cost)
- Self-guided trails to explore by yourself
- Trip to pristine waterfalls
Your guide will help you to select the most appropriate trails based upon your fitness level and specific flora/fauna interests.
|2015 PRICES PER PERSON
|# of days
- Lodge accommodation
- 3 meals per day (from lunch day1 to lunch on final day)
- Excursions as listed in itinerary
- English speaking guide (group tour)
- Transport to/from Quito hotel and the lodge
- Wellington boots to use for the sometimes muddy trails
- Tips / drinks from bar / other personal expenses
- Single supplement charge for solo travellers
Return transport is included in the package with pickup to and from your Quito hotel.
Past Clients Feedback
"After the Amazon rainforest Bellavista was a completely different forest experience. Highly recommended! We stayed in the bamboo house - cosy and comfy." (Jan Thiecke)
“A magical place that I never even imagined could exist. It was an unforgettably special 3day trip!” (Richards Williams, UK)
“A thoroughly enjoyable tour and excellent service from the guide and lodge staff. The hummingbirds in particular were fascinating - I could have sat and watched them all day long.” (Sheila Evans, USA)
* All lodge information is correct at time of publishing but subject to change by the lodge owner.